Revised: September 18, 2005 – Pictures added!
We always have chili in our fridge. If there isn’t any chili in the fridge, there are probably a few small Ziploc containers with chili frozen in our freezer. If there is no chili in our fridge or freezer, I go out and get the ingredients and make chili. After you read the cooking method, you can tell that I like to make an evening out of cooking HART’s Favorite Chili Recipe. I also take the time to cut up all my red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers and orange peppers for the week.
HARTandYVONNE need their chili!
HEINZ RED KIDNEY BEANS – DARK RED – 1 can, 398 ml size
CLUB HOUSE SEASONING MIX – Hot ‘N Spicy Chili Seasoning – 2 Packets
HUNTS’ ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE – 1078 ml – this is one of those Large cans plus 1 normal sized can
– Cook and stir periodically, until all the beef is browned, and basically cooked
– Drain the cooked beef and onions, and rinse thoroughly with cold water (all the grease)
– Rinse clean the Large Pot (to remove all the grease)
– Put all the beef and onions back into the pot back onto the stove top at medium
– Add the Hunts Italian Tomato Sauce into the pot
– Add the two packs of Club House Seasoning Mix
– Stir and mix the content thoroughly
– Add the Heinz Red Kidney Dark Red Beans into the pot
– Add the Celery
– Give it one big stir, then crank the heat up from Medium to Medium-High .. and leave it for 10 minutes with the lid on .. (this will build up a good little chili sauce)
– Stir thoroughly and turn the heat down to MINIMUM … and leave the lid on the pot
– For 2 hours – on the half hour, I give a really good stir and am not tempted to lift the lid off of the pot.
– After the 2 hours, I leave the pot on the stove, but TURN OFF the stove.
– There you have it!
– Makes about 25-27 cups of Chili, depending on amounts of chili or amounts of celery or onions used
– Points Count – 4 points per cup
– Visit The Peppermaster https://www.pepperfire.ca/pepperstore/index.php?cPath=30&osCsid=j8ptcvtlhmou62efbd5ttanma6 and try some of their samplers and gift packs of their sauces in your chili .. it gives it a great zing, or can add a terrificly hot taste to your mouth!
– Although, the chili is delicious “AS IS” …. Enjoy!